Monday, December 1, 2014

isolated inside of these walls




                        isolated inside of these walls
                        from outside i can hear concerned calls
                        lost in the cries from deep down inside
                        the child that never lived the man that died

                        painful memories that stab like a knife
                        emotional scares that cripple for life

                        last time i held her she wouldn't let go
                        as if she knew something she wanted me to know
                        with tears in her eyes she pleaded for me to stay
                        i left her alone and she passed quietly away
 
                        how was i to know i'd never see her again
                        how was i to know that her life would end

                        and if sometime you see me passing by
                        just leave me alone don't even say high
                        i've hurt everyone that tried to help me
                        i don't want any help i just want to be free

                        free from the memories that drive me insane
                        free from this life that means nothing but pain

                        i have this hole in my heart
                        and it's tearing me apart




                        copyright 1994