Thursday, June 5, 2014

the ghost




                                                    THE GHOST


                                                    A dead spirit moving among the living
                                                    Unseen unheard and unnoticed
                                                    There are no friendly smiles for me
                                                    I cast no shadow on any face
                                                    All eyes look through me and beyond
                                                    My greetings and questions are left unanswered
                                                    A constant reminder that I am not there
                                                    I am not sought nor will I be found
                                                    In anyone's heart
                                                    Nor in anyone' dreams
                                                    Nor in anyone's least of forgotten thoughts






                                                    copyright 1988