Monday, June 9, 2014

tartarus




                                                     Tartarus


                                                     Blood flows and does not cease
                                                     Bondage abundant no release
                                                     Not a word to rely on
                                                     Meaning flees thoughts are gone
                                                     I stagger stumble fall in silence
                                                     Inside as without filled with violence
                                                     With sword drawn I stab at foe
                                                     That never die and utter no
                                                     I wonder at wounds and pain I feel
                                                     Wounds that bleed but do not heal
                                                     Flesh falls from my bones
                                                     Every dropping cries and moans
                                                     As flames gather and begin to rise
                                                     I turn my head and cover my eyes
                                                     I seek death but cannot find
                                                     For life and death I have left behind
                                                     Blood flows in tidal waves
                                                     From open wounds as dead from graves
                                                     My words are vain and profanity
                                                     My thoughts and deeds not of humanity
                                                     My heart is filled with filth and dirt
                                                     From sins and lust I use to flirt
                                                     Tattered and torn flesh depart
                                                     Never showing bone but only heart
                                                     With every beat a sin fulfilled
                                                     An innocent man's blood is spilled
                                                     My soul tries to elevate
                                                     Pass through some open gate
                                                     That is crowded with the newly dead
                                                     Their eyes their hearts filled with dread
                                                     Fire burns within and all around
                                                     No peace joy or comfort to be found
                                                     I awake from this abysmal nightmare
                                                     And into the cool calm night stare
                                                     Is there such a Tartarean place
                                                     For which eternity I must face






                                                     copyright 1973